Why are there no New Year's Eve/Day business stories?
The New Year’s Eve/Day celebration is big business, but rarely do I see business sections writing about it. Now would be the time to write and publish some of these stories.
For example, here are New Year’s Eve/Day business stories that can be written, but rarely are:
1. The increase in champagne sales that state-run liquor stores see the week before Jan. 1. I bet they even have statistics to back this up.
2. The boost in business most restaurants and bars see around this time of the year by booking special dinners and parties. What percentage of their annual business comes from New Year’s?
3. Party stores like Party City USA — how do they keep up stock of noisemakers, hornblowers, and other New Year’s necessities? What percentage of their business for the month comes from this stuff?
4. Do attorneys specializing in DUI or public intoxication cases seen an increase in business around this time of the year?
5. The boost that workout centers, YMCAs and gyms see in increased membership shortly after Jan. 1 because of the people who have made New Year’s resolutions to exercise more or lose weight.
I’m sure there are many more, but these are the ones that I thought of today. Has anybody ever seen these stories done by a business section?