Seven seeking election to SABEW board
by Chris Roush
Seven people affiliated with business journalism are seeking six spots on the board of directors for the Society of American Business Editors and Writers.
The winners will be announced at the SABEW annual conference in Washington, which is April 4 to April 6.
Those seeking board seats are:
• Gary Silverman, U.S. deputy managing editor and U.S. news editor of the Financial Times (incumbent);
• Diana Henriques, contributing writer for The New York Times (incumbent);
• James Madore, senior business writer at Newsday;
• Kevin Shinkle, deputy business editor of The Associated Press;
• Pamela Yip, personal finance and senior/aging reporter, The Dallas Morning News (incumbent);
• Andrew Leckey, president, Donald W. Reynolds National Center for Business Journalism;
• Chris Peacock, vice president, CNNMoney.com (incumbent).
Those elected will serve three-year terms. You may read the candidates biographies and statements of candidacy here.